Power BI Finance Dashboard Course - Including Other Video Tutorials.
Power BI Finance Dashboard Course
Duration: 3 Hours
Microsoft Power Bi Training Tutorials and Videos
Learn how to make less use of Excel, and how to use Power BI to analyse data.
Power BI is the Free Business Intelligence software from Microsoft.
Microsoft Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools to analyze data and share insights. Monitor your business and get answers quickly with rich dashboards available on every device.
In this course, you will learn how to:
The Power BI Finance Dashboard
- Create a Financial Dashboard in Power BI Desktop.
- Power BI Desktop: Data cleaning and structure
- Create a Table for the Current Accounts
- Add Profitability Ratio's.
- Income and Expense Statement
- Gross Profit % Graphs (Compare to previous year and target)
- Create a Sales Revenue Graph (Compare to target)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax Graphs (Compare to previous year and target)
- Liquidity Ratio's: Add Current Ratio's and Quick Ratio's to the Power BI Dashboard
- Activity Ratio's: Add the Inventory Turnover and Average Collection Period to the Power BI Dashboard.
- Activity Ratio's: Add the Average Payment Period and Total Asset Turnover
- Add Debt Ratio's to the dashboard.
- Publish and Share your dashboard in the Power BI Service.
Power BI Other Tutorials
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop: Create Dynamic Date Tables which will add days to the table automatically, daily.
- Create Dynamic Custom Date Tables: If the financial year do not start on the 1st of January.
- compare data between custom quarter periods
- Year to Date, Month to Date and Week to Date formulas in the Query Editor and in DAX
- Create IF Functions - use multiple conditions
- Use OneDrive for business to sync and refresh files automatically
- Create a Custom Theme in Power BI
- Set up Alerts and email alerts automatically with Microsoft Flow.
- Post Power BI alert notifications to your teams with Microsoft Flow and Slack.
The Power BI Service:
- Use Content Packs to share your dashboards to the entire organisation.
- Learn how to create and publish an APP in the Power BI Service: Apps are replacing Content Packs- Share your dashboards and reports.
Power BI Financial Dashboard: Overview of Curriculum:
Section1: Power BI: Introduction and Preview of the Course
Welcome to this Power BI course on how to use the Query Editor and Power BI with OneDrive and Flow.
Lecture1: Introduction and preview of the course. (Preview enabled)
Section2: Download the Excel file to work
Lecture2: Download the Excel file to work with
Section3: Power BI Financial Dashboard
Lecture3: Power BI Finance Dashboard: Add Current Accounts, Income / Expense, Etc.
Lecture4: Activity: Data Structure and Profitability Ratio's
Lecture5: Power BI Finance Dashboards: Add Liquidity Ratios to Power BI Finance Dashboard
Lecture6: Activity: Add Liquidity Ratio's to the Finance Dashboard
Lecture7: Power BI Finance Dashboard: Add Activity Ratios to Power BI Finance Dashboard
Lecture8: Activity: Add Activity Ratio's to your Finance Dashboard
Lecture9: Power BI Finance Dashboard: Debt Ratio's
Lecture10: Activity: Add Debt Ratio's to your Power BI Desktop.
Lecture11: List of Financial Ratio's
Lecture12: Publish your dashboard to the Power BI Service and Share with your teams. (Preview enabled)
Lecture13: Activity: Publish and share your Power BI Report
Power BI - Other tutorials included in this course:
Section4: How to Create a Color Theme in Power
Lecture14: How to Create a Custom Color Theme in Power BI
Lecture15: Activity: Download the list of colors
Power BI - Date Table Tutorials
Section5: Power BI: Create a dynamic Date Table
Lecture16: Power BI: Create a dynamic Date Table: Preview (Preview enabled)
Section6: Power BI: Create a Dynamic Date Table in the Query Editor
Lecture17: Power BI: Create a Date Table in the Query Editor
Section7: Power BI: Create a Custom Date Table
Lecture18: Power BI: How to Create a Custom Date Table.
Section8: Power BI: Create Year to Date, Month to Date and Week to Date Functions
Lecture19: Power BI: Create Year to Date, Month to Date and Week to Date Functions
Section9: Power BI: Compare Data between Custom Quarter Periods Lecture20: Power BI: Compare Data between Custom Quarter Periods
Power BI - What IF Function
Section10: Power BI: IF Function with Two or More Conditions
Lecture21: Power BI: IF Function with Two or More Conditions
Power BI - Sync and Refresh Files Automatically with One Drive for Business
Section11: Power BI: Find the OneDrive for Business URL and Sync Files
Lecture22: Power BI: Find the OneDrive for Business URL and Sync Files (Preview enabled)
Section12: Power BI: Use OneDrive for Business to Auto Refresh Data - Power BI Service
Lecture23: Power BI: Use OneDrive for Business to Auto Refresh Data - Power BI Service
Power BI - Create Alerts - Automated Notifications
Section13: Power BI: Create Alerts and Email Alerts with Microsoft Flow
Lecture24: Power BI: Create Alerts and Email Alerts with Microsoft Flow
Lecture25: Further Reading: Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Flow
Section14: Power BI: Send Power BI Alerts with Microsoft Flow and Slack: Preview
Lecture26: Power BI: Send Power BI Alerts with Microsoft Flow and Slack: Preview (Preview enabled)
Section15: Power BI: Send Alert notifications with Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Slack
Lecture27: Power BI: Send Alert notifications with Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Slack
Power BI - Service (Cloud)
Section16: More about the Power BI Service
Lecture28: Power BI: Use Organisational Content Packs to share your dashboards.
Lecture29: Power BI: Create and Share Power BI APPS
Power BI - On Premises Data Gateway
Section17: Power BI Service (Cloud): The On-Premises Data Gateway
Lecture30: Power BI Service (Cloud): The On-Premises Data Gateway
Lecture31: Further Reading: The On- Premises Data Gateway
Section18: An Introduction to DAX: Reading Material and Web Resources Lecture32: About the following lectures:
Lecture33: Start Learning DAX - Basics
Lecture34: Start Learning DAX 1 - Online Resources
Lecture35: Start learning DAX 2 - Online Resources
Lecture36: Start Learning DAX 3 - Table Relationships and DAX
Lecture37: Start Learning DAX 4 - DAX Tables and Filtering