Power BI Tutorial Videos
Power BI Online Courses
Power BI is a business analytics service provided by Microsoft. It provides interactive visualizations with self-service business intelligence capabilities, where end users can create reports and dashboards by themselves, without having to depend on information technology staff or database administrators.
Do you want to improve your Power BI skills? Do you want to gain hands- on knowledge of Power BI?
Two Dashboards and Other Power BI Tutorials:
Get the course here:
Power BI productivity Dashboard
Get the Course Here:
Power BI Tutorial Videos :
- Learn how to create a Power BI Finance Dashboard.
- Create Power BI Date Tables.
- Create Power BI Custom Date Tables.
- Learn how to create Custom Quarter Periods.
- Also learn how to create Power BI APPS.
- Learn how to set up the Power BI Online Premises Data Gateway.
- How to create beautiful visuals- use the custom visual - Power BI Infographics Designer
- Create Multiple IF Function Statements
- Make sure the users of your data know when important changes were made - Learn how to set up Alerts with Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Slack.
- Continue learning - new Power BI material will get added to this site on a continuous basis.
You must already have some knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
The training videos on this website are not for complete beginners.
You must have a computer and reliable internet connection.
Ensure that you have the free Power BI Desktop software installed on your computer.
Also ensure that you have registered for a free Power BI account with Microsoft.
We currently have the following courses available:
- Learn how to create a report theme in Power BI
- With custom Power BI Themes you can apply a color theme to your entire report, such as corporate colors, seasonal coloring, or any other color theme you might want to apply a report. When you apply a Report Theme, all visuals in your report use the colors from your selected theme .
- You will also receive a free list of 6900 colors with Hex and RGB codes, which you may use in your dashboards. Create amazing colorful dashboards with these custom colors.
- Learn how to create a One Drive for Business Account and find the One Drive URL.
- We will show you various methods on how to get the One Drive URL to use in the Power BI "Get Date" from Web source.
- Automatically Sync and Refresh files, by using One Drive for Business. You don't need a On Premises Data Gateway to automatically refresh Power BI Files. These free video's will show you how to set up a data refresh with Power BI and One Drive for business.
- Because OneDrive is in the cloud, just like Power BI, a live connection is made between Power BI and OneDrive. If you make changes to your workbook on OneDrive, those changes are automatically synchronized with Power BI. Your visualizations in reports and dashboards are kept up to date.
- If your workbook connects to external data sources like a database, you can use Power BI's Schedule refresh features to check for updates.
- Learn how to set up the One Drive auto refresh in the the Power BI Service.
- Add a matrix for the Current Assets and Current Liabilities
Add a matrix for the Income and Expense Accounts
Learn how to create a Sales Revenue Graph
Also add the Gross Profit % and compare to the prior year and to the target.
Add the Earnings Before Interest and Tax % and compare to the prior year and to the target.
- Then create Liquidity Ratio's such as the Current Ratio and Quick Ratio to the Power BI Finance Dashboard.
- Add Activity Ratio's such as the Inventory Turnover Period, Average Collection Period, Average Payment Period and Asset Turnover to the Power BI Dashboard.
- Then add the Debt Ratio and Times Interest Earned Ratio to your Power BI Dashboard.
Learn to create visuals with the Power BI Infographics Designer.
Are you looking to tell a story with your data? Do your charts and reports to be highly tailored to your specific topic? You will be able to create stunning visuals, if you use the Power BI Infographics Designer Custom Visual.
The infographic designer custom visual lets you control the specific appearance of lists, bar charts, and column charts with precise control of shapes, color, and layout so that you can represent information in a way that best tells the story of your data. Combined with the ability to include custom shapes and images that can be bound to data, this precise layout control lets you build both simple pictograms and complex highly tailored visuals.
Power BI Dynamic Date Table - Power BI Tutorial Videos
Create a dynamic Date table which will automatically add a day to the calendar, daily. The Date table is the most important table in your data model, as you can only use time intelligence DAX functions if your date table was created correctly. In Power BI date tables are important to allow you to create relationships.
Power BI Date Table - Custom
Sometimes it may happen that the financial year of your company is different from the calendar year. In this video, I will show you how to create a custom date table which, for example, starts on the 27th of December (and not on the 1st of January).